4 Reasons Why You NEED to Use YouTube Ads to Grow Your Business
1. Capitalize on Changing Consumer BehaviorRemember the days when you use to walk into the local Blockbuster or Videoquest, and pick out a movie to watch over the weekend? Still do that? Most likely not. This is because technology has emerged at an increasingly fast pace in recent years. Check out the graph below from Google, showcasing the emergence of new technology over the past few decades. With a change in technology, is a change in consumer behaviour. With platforms like YouTube at your fingertips, there is no need to go out and pick a movie or a TV show. Although Canadians are still big fans of TV, video viewing patterns are changing. Between 2012 and 2016 there has been a:
- 44% increase in daily time spent with digital video
- 127% daily time spent with mobile video
2.YouTube Has a Massive Global Reach
- YouTube has over a billion users — almost one-third of all people on the Internet — and every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views.
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population).
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube has launched local versions in more than 88 countries.
- YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49-year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
3.YouTube Targeting Allows You to Advertise to Consumers That Matter to YouBy advertising on YouTube, you are able to serve your target market in moments that matter. What’s exceptionally great about YouTube ad’s is that you can reach specific or niche audiences based on who they are, what they’re interested in, and what content they’re viewing. Some commonly used YouTube targeting methods for your video ads are:
- Audience Targeting
This method lets you define who you want to reach. You can target by:
- Parental status
- People interested in certain topics
- People who already have a strong interest in relevant topics
- People who Are tailored to your brand
- People who are researching products and actively considering buying a service or product like those you offer
- Past interaction with your videos, ads, or YouTube Channel
- Household Income
Check out YouTube’s audience and the average household income for each age group!
2. Content TargetingThis method lets you define where you want your ads to show. It includes:
- Placements: Target unique YouTube channels, YouTube videos, apps, websites, or placements within websites.
- Topics: You can reach a broad range of videos, channels, and websites related to the topics you select. For example, if you target to the “Makeup” topic, then your ad will show on YouTube to people watching videos about makeup.
- Keywords: You can target your ads based on words or phrases related to a YouTube video, YouTube channel, or type of website that your audience is interested in.