Do you remember the days when television commercials and print media were considered the strongest advertising platforms? Today, this is far from the truth and data backs this up. The digital landscape is dramatically shifting, and the role of advertising professionals has never been more important. This is why advertisers around the world, turn to Google Partners, like Mrkt360 , to provide them with insights and guidelines to succeed in an ever changing world.
Mrkt360’s CEO Eran Hurvitz, was fortunate to join the Google Partner Summit this past week from Nov. 9-11. The theme of this year’s conference was “Now is Our Moment”. Now is our moment to build for the future — from ads and measurement to making the workplace better for everyone. Eran has come back with amazing insights and we are just dying to share his three day experience!
Wednesday Nov 9th
The day kicked off with inspiring and insightful remarks from Google’s Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President, Ruth Porat. There was an opportunity to meet partners from across the globe and enjoy an evening full of fun, food & networking.
Thursday Nov 10th
The second day was packed squeeze with learning. We had the opportunity to hear from amazing guest speakers, including:
- Philipp Schindler, SVP & Chief Business Officer, in a fireside chat and live Q&A
- Allan Thygesen, President, Google Marketing Solutions, on the mobile-first future
- Brad Bender, VP of Display and Video Ads, on the future of ads and measurement
- Lucinda Barlow, Director of Marketing YouTube, on why video will win the decade
- Prasad Setty, VP PeopleOps, on making the workplace better
Friday Nov 11th
Silly times at the Photo Booth with Eran and Google reps!
On Friday, Eran attended Googleplex in Mountain View for “Google on the Green,” a unique opportunity to demo Google’s newest products, like Pixel and Daydream View. We even got to create our very own Mrkt360 VR lens.
Mrkt360 got a chance to create their personalized virtual reality lens
CEO, Eran Hurvitz, testing out Google’s newest products
So, besides all the fun and games, we are sure you want to know what some of the key takeaways were. Here it is:
SEVEN KEY TAKEAWAYS
1. Mobile broke measurement
It’s not the tools or technology that’s holding back, but our legacy mindset & approach to measurement
2. Mobile is dramatically changing the customer purchase journey
92% of smartphone owners who searched on their phone made a related purchase within a day
3. We must rethink measurement for growth
Measurement has to evolve to keep up with our evolving customers and to drive business growth
4. People evaluate purchase decisions in-the-moment
82% of smartphone users turn to their phone to influence a purchase decision while in a store
5. People solve unexpected problems in-the-moment
62% of smartphone users are more likely to take action right away toward solving an unexpected problem or new task because they have a smartphone
6. People pursue big goals in small moments
90% of smartphone users have used their phone to make progress toward a long term goal or multi-step process while “out and about”
7. People try new things in routine moments
91% of smartphone users turn to their phone for ideas while doing a given task