Alex Chan- Product Marketing Manager, GoogleRohit Bal- Strategic Partner Manager, Google Spencer Arielle Lane- Senior Account Manager @ Auto Retail Team, Google Rohit spoke about today’s consumers who are shopping for cars and how to engage with these people online. He touched upon the evolution of the automotive shopper over the years. “Automotive shoppers are so different than they were before. We moved towards an online first world and this has changed behaviors,” he said. Spencer spoke about measurement, getting your message everywhere and reaching customers online. She touched upon strategies and best practices to carry out to make the most of your advertising budget. In addition to this, she explained how auto companies and dealerships can optimize their online presences to connect with customers in the right place at the right time. Listed below are the 5 main points that were touched upon.
- Own your Google My Business listing. GMB is a free tool that lets you manage how your business appears on Google Search and Maps. Update your information and encourage people to leave honest feedback about your service.
- Reach the right prospects. It is important to match your targeting to the buying stage your prospective customer is in. This will differ customer by customer, so take the time to understand your prospects needs.
- Make ads more profitable. Be sure to allocate budgets more effectively and track all conversions.
- Build a great mobile experience. 70% of all auto queries on Google come from mobile devices. Make sure you eliminate unnecessary steps and build a smooth and easy experience for people coming on your website.
- Drive impact with innovative ad formats. Make your ads more visible by adding visual sitelinks and ad extensions.